RedMan Training Gear offers protective training suits and accessories for military, corrections, and law enforcement personnel to use during Use-Of-Force Training. The purpose of RedMan Training Gear for instructors and students is to make safe, reality-based simulations possible; but this can only be achieved through knowledgeable and responsible implementation by all end-users. RedMan provides significant – but limited – protection from blunt force (XP and WDS ) and nonlethal training projectiles (WDS), which can lead to sweat, blood, and other bodily fluids getting on the gear.
We took this into consideration when designing our gear and the type of training accessories we would offer with it, which is why RedMan Training Gear is the only gear on the market that can be quickly and easily cleaned and disinfected after each use.
Sanitize Your Gear with RedMan’s Spray Disinfectant
Proper care and cleaning is essential for protecting the life of your law enforcement training gear and for protecting your law enforcement officers. Disinfecting is essential after each use, between users when gear is shared, whenever it comes into contact with blood or other body substances, and before storing. The Disinfectant Cleaner allows you to have a clean set of equipment every time you use it, therefore reducing the risk of transmitting blood borne HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis, and other pathogens.
The RedMan Disinfectant Cleaner can be used on floors, walls, metal surfaces, stainless steel surfaces, porcelain, glazed ceramic tile, plastic surfaces, shower stalls, bathtubs, cabinets, or anywhere normally treated with a disinfectant. For plastic and painted surfaces, spot test on an inconspicuous area before use.
SaniZide Plus® Surface Disinfectant Spray is a convenient, fast-acting, multi-purpose, broad-spectrum disinfectant/deodorizer for environmental surfaces. Our alcohol-free formulation is a non-corrosive, EPA registered, quaternary ammonium compound that is effective against: Pandemic 2009 H1N1 Influenza A, H1N1, MRSA, HIV-1, Tuberculosis, HEP, E. Coli, VRE, Avian Flu A, and Norovirus.
The spray is a pandemic and infection control product that complies with OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard. It provides personal protection mandated by OSHA and State Health Departments.
How to Disinfect Your RedMan Training Gear
- Pre-clean the gear to remove any blood or other body substances using Standard Precautions, combining Body Substance Isolation and Universal Precautions (including the use of appropriate cleaning gloves, the isolation of substances, proper disposal of contaminated items, etc.) as defined by OSHA and the CDC.
- Sanitize the gear with RedMan’s spray disinfectant or a fresh, mild bleach solution (1/4 cup bleach per gallon of water).
- Thoroughly cover the gear with the disinfectant or bleach solution.
- Leave wet for 10 minutes for broad spectrum disinfecting before wiping dry, or allow to air dry.
- Wipe away any bleach residue.
- Wash vinyl-dipped foam equipment, including straps, regularly with warm, soapy water. This will help keep equipment free of odors and help prevent deterioration of the coating from perspiration.
By following these guidelines and cleaning your gear on a regular basis, you will help minimize health risks. There are many factors to consider when cleaning, disinfecting, and decontaminating gear. Macho/RedMan makes no guarantee of results based on these recommendations.
If you are interested in learning more about universal precautions, please visit the Occupational Safety and Health Administration Website.